The Board of Directors of the Barbados Agricultural Society, our partners The Ministry of Agriculture, The Rural Development Commission, and the Agrofest 2017 Planning Committee would like to express our gratitude to all Barbadians and visitors for your patronage and prayers over the Agrofest weekend.
We would also like to salute our corporate sponsors, exhibitors, our team of temporary staff, staff of the Sanitation Service Authority, The Dining Club, ALG Equipment Rentals, Adel Joe’s Freighting, Gold Dust Multimedia Services, River Bay, TCD Rentals, Julies Party Rentals, S & R Rentals, Quality Occasions, M & J Systems, TT&T Rentals, VV&K Rentals, Ellco, Cadogan Tent Rentals, Jeffrey Warden, Kelly Ann Sandiford, Williams Equipment, National Sports Council, The Department of Emergency Management, A & R Electrical, DB Productions, QSI, Dj Twister, The Barbados Advocate, Starcom Network, The Nation Publishing Company, CKE Security Services, Medic for Hire, Roberts Manufacturing Feed Store, Clear Vision Optical, Waterworld Pet Store, Massy Limited, Cave Shepherd, Media Plus, Crossmedia Designs, Glassesco, Island Ice, Transport Board, Barbados Water Authority, Spartan Club, The National Task Force on Physical Activity, Barbados Dog Trainers Club, Barbados Working Dogs Association, Odyssey Productions, and The Royal Barbados Police Force for their tremendous support and untiring efforts to ensure that Agrofest 2017 was a success.
Agrofest 2017 Livestock Workshop
Learn more about the vision, values, partners and objectives of the Barbados Agricultural Society
The Barbados Agricultural Society is an agricultural organisation, which is over 150 years old. It was established in 1845 by an Act of Parliament in Barbados and seeks to represent the interests of the agricultural sector in all relevant forums. The Society is the secretariat for seven commodity groups representing over 500 farmers with women comprising 30% of the total.
The seven Barbados commodity Associations are:
- Pig Farmers
- Egg & Poultry Producers
- Fruit & Vegetable Growers
- Floral Producers & Exporters
- Dairy and Beef Producers
- Sheep Farmers
- Cotton Growers
The Barbados Agricultural Society almost on a daily basis maintains some form of relationship with the various industries and sectors that make our economy. The society works closely with these sectors in a continuous effort to help develop and protect our agricultural industry. The linkages often allow the relevant stakeholders to collectively develop strategies and solutions to the various issues that affect us at any given point in time.
- Tourism and International Transport
- Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
- Education Youth Affairs and Sports
- Labour and Social Security
- Commerce Consumer Affairs and Business Development
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- To demonstrate the symbiotic relationship between agriculture and the community.
- To highlight the impact of agriculture on other economic sectors.
- To cater to the wide and divergent interests of the Barbadian public.
- To demonstrate the agricultural career opportunities for young people.
- To demonstrate the importance of agriculture in feeding and providing economic support to the family.
- To portray agriculture in a fun and interesting way.
- Agricultural Development Fund (ADF)
- Barbados Agricultural Development & Marketing Corp (BADMC)
- Barbados Agricultural Management Company Ltd (BAMC)
- Barbados Association of Non-Governmental Organization (BANGO)
- Barbados Chamber of Commerce
- Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute CARDI
- Caribbean Farmers Network (CaFAN)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
…Stay Healthy With
- Coverage for Dental and Vision
- Group Life Insurance
- Automatic membership into the Knights Healthy Advantage Club
- Discounts on prescriptions and products at all Massy Store Pharmacies
…and much more all for one low monthly premium
Get in Touch
We are always glad to hear from you.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Phone: (246) 436-6683/84
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address Line 1: The Grotto, Beckles Rd.,
Line 2: St. Michael BB14205. Barbados
Fax: (246) 435-0651