Every year, over 60,000 local and international patrons converge on Queen’s Park, in Barbados to experience the island’s largest exhibition. With over 250 exhibitors and attractions including livestock, vegetables, flowers, plants, craft items, educational items, games of chance, and live performances by leading local artistes, Agrofest has grown to be a highlight of the nation’s calendar.
This year, the excitement continues with new features and activities for children. There will be a mini-farm display, comprising livestock and crops and farm equipment. Also don’t miss the various interactive workshops, educational exhibits, cooking demonstrations, the petting zoo and much more.
Barbados’ Biggest Exhibition
If you’re interested in becoming an exhibitor at Agrofest 2017 …
Agrofest 2017 Livestock Workshop
Learn more about the vision, values, partners and objectives of the Barbados Agricultural Society
The Barbados Agricultural Society is an agricultural organisation, which is over 150 years old. It was established in 1845 by an Act of Parliament in Barbados and seeks to represent the interests of the agricultural sector in all relevant forums. The Society is the secretariat for seven commodity groups representing over 500 farmers with women comprising 30% of the total.
The seven Barbados commodity Associations are:
- Pig Farmers
- Egg & Poultry Producers
- Fruit & Vegetable Growers
- Floral Producers & Exporters
- Dairy and Beef Producers
- Sheep Farmers
- Cotton Growers
The Barbados Agricultural Society almost on a daily basis maintains some form of relationship with the various industries and sectors that make our economy. The society works closely with these sectors in a continuous effort to help develop and protect our agricultural industry. The linkages often allow the relevant stakeholders to collectively develop strategies and solutions to the various issues that affect us at any given point in time.
- Tourism and International Transport
- Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
- Education Youth Affairs and Sports
- Labour and Social Security
- Commerce Consumer Affairs and Business Development
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- To demonstrate the symbiotic relationship between agriculture and the community.
- To highlight the impact of agriculture on other economic sectors.
- To cater to the wide and divergent interests of the Barbadian public.
- To demonstrate the agricultural career opportunities for young people.
- To demonstrate the importance of agriculture in feeding and providing economic support to the family.
- To portray agriculture in a fun and interesting way.
- Agricultural Development Fund (ADF)
- Barbados Agricultural Development & Marketing Corp (BADMC)
- Barbados Agricultural Management Company Ltd (BAMC)
- Barbados Association of Non-Governmental Organization (BANGO)
- Barbados Chamber of Commerce
- Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute CARDI
- Caribbean Farmers Network (CaFAN)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Get in Touch
We are always glad to hear from you.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Phone: (246) 436-6683/84
Email Address: email@example.com
Address Line 1: The Grotto, Beckles Rd.,
Line 2: St. Michael BB14205. Barbados
Fax: (246) 435-0651